Friday, April 30, 2010

When life gives you lemons....make something....

Ok...it has been a while since I posted and I promise I have a good excuse...really.  I have had numerous stressful and unfortunate events happen within a short period of time and I have not had time to recover.  My mother in the hospital and my father now has a staph infection along with cancer.  I feel like things are crashing down.  So, with my inability to sleep I am contemplating why I am not feverishly crocheting or sewing.....I think I hit a point where I don't have any desire to create.  That is very frightening to me because I have always looked at crafting as a source of calm and now with perhaps a bit too much happening I am feeling a bit down. 

On a nice note someone on Etsy has featured my Bubblebee legwarmers in their treasury.  That kind of lifted my spirits a bit.   Sitting here in the weeee morning hours looking at my daughter sleeping on my footside makes me appreciate the here and now and the beauty in innocence.

So future goals is to find my motivation and get excited to create something.  As long as I am busy and creating something I am proud of.  I am my own worst enemy and critic when it comes to anything I do...which is why I delay my own productivity if things are just not working the way they should.

So, I ask for prayers...if you believe and if you dont just a good thought coming my way for some patience to make it through this...no matter what the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment