Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Sewing Experience.

So I am thinking about what to create next.  Sometimes it has to come from a basic idea.  For now I am at a loss.

I have been sitting and looking at this serger my dear husband got for me X-mastime and I am admiring how it is gathering dust.  I am afraid to break it....I must overcome this fear.  My first sewing experience was the same way.  I read the instructions, I started sewing happily on my first machine..a Singer.  It did the trick.  Then, technology took over and I got greedy.....I wanted more.  Next, the Brother SE-370? the combination sewing and embroidery machine with dreams of embroidering everything in site.  My dreams are very often larger than my reality so I finally tried it after a while..set the pattern, the emboidery hoop, the upper thread set with embroidery thread.  Then I set the hoop in with the stablilized material.  Turned it on and it ran for a few stitches...then.....BRAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP all ceased.

Long story short (I know tooo late) and $240.00 later the machine was returned and working.  I did not touch it for a while.  Then one day at one of my local craft stores a salesperson told me not only did I have to use embroidery thread for the top, but I had to use embroidery thread for the bobbin.  I felt both relieved and embarrassed at the same time.

Now that I learned from my mistakes I must be brave and undertake the SERGER.....

No comments:

Post a Comment